SALES AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (REMOTE POSITION)
DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing / REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer/Owner
Build and maintain a high performance sales organization in order to effectively achieve business objectives and measurables.
- Implement effective direct sales strategies and lead nationwide direct sales personnel toward achievement of corporate sales objectives.
- Develop competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient sales organization.
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Provide sales management, budget control, compensation programs and incentive planning.
- Ensure effective hiring, orientation, training, development and retention of sales staff.
- Proactively identify changes in Information Technology, SAP, business consulting methods, etc. and competitive pressures to develop and modify strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Prepare and manage to meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Development of key customer relationship management.
- Negotiate purchase agreements with the assistance of CEO.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies.
- Attend client meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 8 years of related sales experience with at least 5 years of experience managing a direct sales force.
- Experience and success in recruiting and retaining a high performance sales team and a demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse sales team.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales plans.
- Proven business analysis and judgment with the ability to proactively manage business to meet objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
- Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to report transparently on sales team progress and objectives.
- Demonstrated open-mindedness in reporting objectives, sales goals, and progress reports to upper management.
- Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- A solid understanding of the SAP market; including trends, technologies, products, and players.
- Knowledge in technical sales process documentation / lead management using Customer Relationship Management systems (CRM)
TO APPLY SEND CV/RESUME TO: JOBS@BLACKVARD.COM